23.6.11

Prayer

photo - elif karakoc


"God give me strength to lead a double life. Cut me in half. Make each half happy in its own way with what is left. Let me disobey my own best instincts and do what I want to do, whatever that may be without regretting it, or thinking that I might.

When I come late at night from home, saying I have to go away, remind me to look out the window, to see which house I’m in. Pin a smile on my face when I turn up two weeks later with a tan and presents for everyone.

Teach me how to stand and where to look when I say the words about where I’ve been and what sort of time I’ve had. Was it good or bad or somewhere in between? I’d like to know how I feel about these things, perhaps you’d let me know?

When it’s time to go to bed in one of my lives, go ahead of me up the stairs, shine a light in the corners of my room. Tell me this: do I wear pajamas here, or sleep with nothing on? If you can’t oblige me by cutting me in half, God give me strength to lead a double life".

Hugo Williams

No comments: